Saturday, August 18, 2012

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone 4S: Little review and comparison

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone 4S: Little review and comparison


P.M.Comparing the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 4S is harder than comparing an Apple and a banana.

Which phone is better? Well, it is really hard to compare the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 4S, but I declared a winner after it gained a small margin.
I’m not going to bore you with categories that do not affect our daily lives, and also, I will use the easier to understand Love-Hate way of describing the phones’ features.

Design

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is not a cheap phone, and it does not feel cheap too. In fact, I love the design of the new Samsung Galaxy S3. However, I also love the iPhone 4S and its super iPhone 4 design with antenna band and one-hand feature.
I love the iPhone 4S and its premium feel. I also love the Samsung Galaxy S3′s minimalist design with physical home button and eye-catching curves.
I don’t like the iPhone’s tiny screen. Come on Apple, 4 inches is the sweetest spot. I hate Samsung Galaxy S3′s large display. 4.8-inch? Oh come on. I repeat, 4 inches is the best size for me.
I hate the iPhone’s fragile-ness, I also hate Samsung’s hyperglaze back case because it attracts oil and other dirt. In fact, it feels sticky and gross sometimes! Luckily, I will purchase a textured back case to protect the back of the S3 (and to hide the glossy back).

Camera

I love the Samsung Galaxy S3′s camera, and I also love the iPhone 4S camera.
I hate Samsung’s camera UI and the tweaked camera software, I prefer the original Android Ice Cream Sandwich camera UI. Why fix if it is not broken, Samsung? I hate Apple’s camera UI, it is so limited, so Flintstones.

Operating System

I love the iOS 5, but it feels old and lacks in the syncing and notification department. Apple’s mobile OS notification is intrusive. I love Android and some of Samsung’s tweaks to it. However, I hate Samsung’s e-mail app and other services including S Voice.
I love the Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and its multitasking goodness. I love the Gmail integration and other Google services. I love Google Drive because it is cheaper than other overrated cloud storage services. I love the Android OS because it features Google as the default search engine.
I hate Apple’s no-widget UI and its boring lock-screen. I hate Samsung’s confusing Android Settings implementation. Again, why fix if it is not broken?

Battery Life

I love the iPhone 4S and its superb battery life. With a single charge, my phone can run 16 hours up to a day and a half.
I also love the Samsung Galaxy S3, its removable battery and its above average battery life. A single charge squeezes 12 hours to 18 hours battery life and with an extra battery, my phone can survive 2 to 3 days while road-trippin’ with friends.

Price Tag

Both phones are expensive, the Samsung Galaxy S III / S3 Unlocked GSM Smart Phone (Pebble Blue) is sporting the price tag of $800 unlocked, while the iPhone 4S is priced at $650 to $800 depending on storage (unlocked). Iphone 4s 64gb Sprint Black Sell on Amazon only $619.99.

For Samsung Galaxy S3

For iPhone 4s 64 gb






 

Winner

I think Samsung Galaxy S3 is better than the iPhone 4S. First, it is running Android, a more advanced mobile operating system plus adding popular Google applications like Drive, Gmail, Google Plus and Calendars out of the box — it is near perfect, Android with quad-core CPU alone.
It is worth noting that the Samsung Galaxy S3 is a winner by a slight margin. A very slight margin. If Samsung can only replace the back case with a matte back case, and if Apple can increase the phone’s display.

0 comments:

Post a Comment